BASIC SUPPLIES LIST
BEGINNER SUPPLIES LIST:
These are the basic supplies you would need to get started in making your first batch of homemade mead.
This basic mead making ingredients list is to get you started in making your first batch. Most of these are must have items, but a few are considered by some to be optional when first get started. As you mature in your mead making the supplies you’ll need will vary. Everyone will do things with a slight variation and we hope that this beginners supply list will help you on your journey to finding your own way to make mead.
For recipes please visit our Recipes page.
- Wine yeast
- Yeast nutrient *
- Acid blend *
- Stabilizer *
- Optional add-ins like teas & fruits.
– see RECIPES for specific needs.
- 2 Fermentation vessels (a primary and another to transfer into for secondary fermentation / re-racking):
– Glass jug (also called a carboy)
– Wide Mouth Mason Jar
– Large Bucket
– Large Conical Fermentor
- Airlock and stopper
- Small Kitchen Scale
- Graduated Cylinder
- Large pot
- Stirring spoon
- Siphon hose
- Cleaning brush
- Sanitizer (such as Star San)
- Flip top bottles for storage
- Large tote for easy supplies storage.
- Homemade Mead Kits are also an option.
* Some have had success without using these ingredients and believe them to be optional.
– Content on this site was created by or with the help of the ChatGPT and the OpenAI project.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and As an Amazon Associate may earn from qualifying purchases.