WHAT IS AN AUTO SIPHON?
An auto siphon is a device used for transferring liquids from one container to another without the need for manual siphoning. It is commonly used in homebrewing and winemaking.
HOW DO YOU USE AN AUTO SIPHON?
To use an auto siphon, first, ensure that both the container you are siphoning from and the container you are siphoning to are at different heights, with the container you are siphoning to being lower than the one you are siphoning from. This height difference creates a natural flow of liquid between the two containers.
Next, insert the auto siphon into the container you are siphoning from and pump it a few times to create a vacuum. This will start the siphoning process and the liquid will start to flow through the siphon and into the container you are siphoning to.
Once the liquid starts flowing, you can adjust the height of the containers to control the flow rate of the liquid. The lower the secondary container is, the faster the fluid will flow.
HOW DO YOU STOP AN AUTO SIPHON FROM FLOWING?
When the siphoning is complete, simply remove the auto siphon from the container you are emptying and the hose will stop pulling liquid and will finish emptying into the secondary container.
HOW DO YOU USE AN AUTO SIPHON TO FILL BOTTLES?
When filling bottles where the amount needs to be more precise it can be difficult to use a standard auto siphon. It’s much easier to fill your bottles with an auto stop bottle filler attachment added to the end of your auto siphon.
WHAT IS AN AUTO STOP BOTTLE FILLER?
An auto stop bottle filler attachment is a mechanical device that can be added to the filling end of the auto siphon hose. The auto stop bottle filler has a spring loaded tip that opens the flow when the tip is pushed in.
HOW TO FILL A BOTTLE WITH AN AUTO SIPHON FIXED WITH AN AUTO STOP BOTTLE FILLER?
This is easiest with two people. One person puts the bottle filler end in to a clean bottle and another to insert the auto siphon suction end in to the vessel to be emptied.
- Press the tip of the bottle filler down on the bottom of the empty bottle to open the flow valve.
- While person one holds the bottle filler down the other can then begin the auto siphon.
- The bottle filler must keep a close watch on the bottle being filled to ensure a proper fill without overflow.
- The auto siphon end must be watched to ensure the tip remains in the liquid at all times to insure a steady flow.
- To stop the bottle filler simply pick up the spring loaded tip from the base of the bottle being filled. This will stop the flow while the filler can be placed into an new empty bottle. When ready to fill simply press the tip to the bottom of the new bottle to re-open the flow.
Remember to clean it thoroughly before storing it for future use.
– Content on this site was created by or with the help of the ChatGPT and the OpenAI project.