Tag Mead

Airlock and stoppers


WHAT IS AN AIRLOCK? An airlock is a small device used in the process of fermenting mead (or other fermented beverages) to allow gases to escape while preventing outside air from entering the container. Essentially, an airlock is a valve…

Read MoreAirlock
Cap on one gallon


WHAT IS A CARBOY? A carboy is a type of glass or plastic container used in the process of making mead (and other fermented beverages) to store and ferment the mead. Carboys are cylindrical in shape, with narrow necks and…

Read MoreCarboy
Auto Syphone 2

Auto Siphon

WHAT IS AN AUTO SIPHON? An auto siphon is a device used for transferring liquids from one container to another without the need for manual siphoning. It is commonly used in homebrewing and winemaking. HOW DO YOU USE AN AUTO…

Read MoreAuto Siphon
Graduated Cylinder 2

Graduated Cylinder

WHAT IS A GRADUATED CYLINDER? The graduated cylinder is a cylindrical container used to measure the volume of liquids. The cylinder is marked with lines that correspond to specific volume measurements, such as milliliters or fluid ounces.  In making mead,…

Read MoreGraduated Cylinder


WHAT IS A HYDROMETER? A hydrometer is a tool used to measure the density, or specific gravity, of a liquid. It’s typically a long, narrow glass or plastic tube with a weighted bulb at the bottom and a scale printed…

Read MoreHydrometer
Screen Shot 2023 02 24 at 1.39.59 PM


Mead is an alcoholic beverage made by fermenting honey with water, sometimes with the addition of fruits, spices, or grains. It is also commonly known as “honey wine”. Mead has been produced for thousands of years and has a long…